Sunday, July 13, 2014

Shhhhe Said Yes!

Hello lovelies! Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending a surprise engagement party. I was so thrilled when my fabulous friend, Catherine, contacted me a few weeks ago and told me about her sneaky plans to surprise her friends, Mary Kathryn and Chris.  I was even more excited when she asked me to lend a helping hand!

To say this girl knows how to throw a party would be the understatement of the year!  Catherine is from Atlanta, but she and her husband have lived in Savannah for a little over a year now.  Her event was a perfect blend of city meets low country.  She has a flair of her own that I'm going to call "Atlanta-Savannah Style!"   Everything was modern and sophistocated, yet relaxed and welcoming.  Rather than trying to describe it with words, let me show you! Feast your eyes upon the photos below.  Foodie heaven!

Appetizers to die for!  
She also created a scrumptious cheese tray adorned with raw honeycomb and grapes. It was beautiful...and delicious!  So delicious in fact, it escaped being photographed.

Caprese Skewers with Prosciutto

Chicken Salad Cups

Stuffed Mushroom Caps with a
Cream Cheese and Sausage Filling

Sliced beef
Rolls for the beef --to make sandwiches.
Super cute mini cupcakes from the 
famed NYC bakery,
'Baked by Melissa.' 
Personalized cocktail napkins.  Nice touch!

Waiting for the couple of honor!

And, yes, they really were surprised...
because Mary Kathryn
even brought flowers and wine. :)

Now, here are some shots of Catherine's gorgeous backyard setup!
It truly was a midsummer's night dream!

Tiki torches and paper lanterns 

High top tables and strings of light

Beautiful floral arrangements and candles for each table

The lights created a true "fantasy land" atmosphere!
And this fairytale party had a perfect happy ending--
a champagne toast to the couple, of course!



Congrats to Mary Kathryn and Chris! Also, my sincere thanks again to Catherine and her friends for allowing me be a be a part of this extraordinary event.  It was spectacular and one I will remember for years to come.

-Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment