Monday, July 14, 2014

Afternoon Tea at The Savoy

Well hello there. I just recently went on my first international adventure to the UK and France. It was absolutely beyond amazing. I have so many pictures to share but I thought I would start out with one of my favorite experiences we had in London. As the title implies, Afternoon Tea at The Savoy!

So of course, since we were in London I had to have a proper English tea. It took us about a week to finally decide where we wanted to have tea but I think we made a pretty fantastic choice! The Savoy Hotel is a luxury hotel in London. Famous guests over the years include King Edward VII, Audrey Hepburn, Fred Astaire, Coco Chanel, Christian Dior, Frank Sinatra and many, many more.
Yeah. It's incredible.

Sooo we arrived at the hotel and were seated in the Thames Foyer. It has a gorgeous glass dome in the center and flowers everywhere. Take a look.










Now for the actual tea part! The first thing they brought out was actually champagne. 

Is that not the most gorgeous glass? 
They let us sip on our champagne for a while before they brought the food and tea. 


The first thing they served was the tray of tea sandwiches and scones.

On top were blackcurrant and plain scones.

Then we had the finger sandwiches. 

Cucumber, Chicken Salad, and Ham and Cheese.

Then on the bottom we had spreads for the scones.

Orange scented cream, Cornish clotted cream and Strawberry preserves.




And here is a cup of Blackcurrant and Hibiscus tea.


After we had enjoyed our treats they brought out a tray of hand crafted pastries.

L to R: Chocolate basket with raspberries topped with a chocolate daisy,
Raspberry and white chocolate flower tart, Lavender eclair, Peach tart,
Chocolate basket with edible flowers, and Strawberry, rhubarb and white chocolate tart.


Here is what I chose. This is one of my favorite pictures ever.


My mom's choice.


And my dad's choice.


And just when you think there can't possibly be anything else, here comes more!
Here are the Lemon Poppyseed and Raspberry Rose cakes. 


Do you die a little? Because I do.



And to top it all off, when we were talking to the waiter earlier about what brought us to London, we mentioned in passing that it was my belated 16th birthday trip. Well, they came out with this after the cake.


I know, right!


Sponge cake with a dark chocolate espresso filling/frosting. Literally dead.


There you have it. If you're planning a trip to London and want to have a proper Afternoon Tea, I would definitely recommend The Savoy. Just remember to book a couple of months in advance. 
Also, my Paris and Scotland blogs will be happening soon too! So be sure to keep an eye out for those because they are going to be pretty great. ;)

-Savannah

1 comment:

  1. I just can't stand any more! I am on a diet! What a wonderful birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete