Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Parisian Lunch


I figured it would only be appropriate to follow up London with Paris. We were only in Paris for about 12 hours. But that was plenty of time to eat, visit the Eiffel Tower and the Louis Vuitton store on the Champs-Elysees. ;) 

We arrived via EuroStar at 8am. It was gray, cold and raining. So when we got out of the train station we just ran to the nearest cafe for shelter and some food and so we could kind of get our bearings. 

I honestly have no idea what this cafe is called. But they had croissants and one of the things on my bucket list was to eat a croissant in Paris. So that's what I did.

Ermahgerd. Yes.

They brought the croissant and nice piece of baguette with butter on it. I literally have no words. 
All I can say is the hype over authentic French croissants and baguettes is very, very true. 

I also got a latte. With cute little sugar cubes. :)
My parents also got jambon et fromage omelettes. Also known as ham and cheese omelets. 


Fast forward a few hours later and we finally made it to the Champs-Elysees area. My cousin, Whitney, had told us about a restaurant called Ladurée. I had heard of it because of their macarons but I didn't know they had a restaurant too. As luck would have it, that was the first thing we saw when we turned onto the Champs. It was meant to be. Oh, and it had stopped raining by then too!


After we were seated, the first thing they brought was some bread with adorably wrapped butter.



My dad and I both ordered Steak Frites

And my mom got a sandwich with Pomme Frites and a side salad

Ladurée is famous for their desserts. Specifically their macarons. Ergo, I had to have some.

You got to pick which flavors you like so I chose:
Vanilla, Salted Caramel, Lemon and Raspberry
To die for.

 My dad got a chocolate eclair 

My mom got a strawberries and creme napoleon.

And of course, I got another latte.

Confession time: I saved the little chocolate (on the coffee saucer) and still haven't eaten it yet. :)

Voila! If you're ever in Paris I highly recommend visiting Ladurée and grabbing a croissant in a little cafe. The only thing I didn't get was a crepe. But I'll get one next time! ;)  

-Savannah

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for the great photos....looks like my kind of place. I was in Paris once, luckily, but I think you ate better than I did, although I ate pretty darn well! I totally agree with the croissant and bread comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely some of the best!

      Delete