Saturday, August 10, 2013

Viva Las Vegas!

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that over the weekend my family and I took a weekend trip to Las Vegas. We went because waaayyy back in September (28th to be exact:)) my mom agreed to buy me tickets to see One Direction (yes, I am a total directioner) and the only shows they had left were in Columbus, OH and Las Vegas. Well, my mom had been wanting to go to Vegas for a while so that's why she agreed to buy the tickets there. Since I didn't want to go to the concert by myself, we invited my cousin Sydney, and my Aunt Beverly. So almost 11 months later and adding my cousin Evan to the trip, the time finally came! We flew out to Vegas on Friday the 2nd and met Aunt Bev, Sydney and Evan at the Vegas airport and let the fun begin! I'm currently writing a separate blog post on all of our other escapades so keep an eye out for that. I want to keep it about the food over here. Now this trip wasn't about food so I don't have too much to share but what I do have is pretty cool! :)

After we left the airport we went straight to our hotel, The Bellagio. We were all hungry from traveling all morning so we decided to go to the poolside cafe at Bellagio. First of all, the pools (yes, plural) are magnificent! Everything at Bellagio is really. So we sat down at our table and ordered our drinks then perused the menu. They had so many yummy choices but we all opted for something light.

We ordered and appetizer which was The Block Party sushi roll. I'm going to be honest, I don't really remember everything that was in it but I'll try my best to explain what I do remember.




Part of the cafe. Too bad I didn't think to take pictures of the pools! Airplanes mess with my head. :/


It had crab in the middle with avocado and cucumber. On top it had a salmon sashimi, and a thin slice of jalapeƱo with a spicy sauce underneath. Then on the side we had sliced cucumbers and shredded carrots with a rice wine vinegar and chili dressing. And the cute wasabi leaf just makes the plate for me!
It was absolutely divine and some of the best sushi I've had. And I love sushi. 


I decided to order the Summer Crab Salad. It was jumbo lump crab meat, sliced mangoes, sliced baby heirloom tomatoes, chives, micro basil on top of a mango and basil coulis. And the cute parmesan toast on top. It was so delicious! Just what I needed after a grueling day of airports. ;)


Evan is a big fan of fish tacos and if they're on a menu he will generally order them. Sooo these fish tacos had grilled grouper, and cucumber slaw. The sauces on the side are a chipotle mayo and pico de gallo with lime wedges too.


Sydney ordered the popcorn chicken with fries. On the side were BBQ, honey mustard and ranch dipping sauces. And how cute is the presentation?? It's the little things in life. :)


My mom and Aunt Bev both ordered the Asian Chicken Salad. It consisted of Napa cabbage, spicy cashews, straw mushrooms and grilled chicken with a sesame peanut dressing.



The next day we met our friend and Las Vegas native, Cayla, for lunch. Since she has lived there her whole life, we naturally asked her for recommendations on where to eat. She suggested a little French restaurant called Mon Ami Gabi. It was in The Paris Hotel right across the street from us. You know where the fake Eiffel Tower is? Yeah, right there. We don't have any good French restaurants in Savannah that I'm aware of so I was really excited to try it. When I looked up their menu and saw that they were famous for steak frites I knew what I was ordering before we even left for Vegas. We ate outside so I didn't really look at the inside of the restaurant but the patio was nice! The food did not disappoint either. 


When we sat down they brought out a baguette in a paper bag with the Mon Ami Gabi logo printed on it. 

 Mmmm. Bread. 


Cayla said they had the best French Onion Soup. Obviously, I had to order it after she told us that. 


 She was right. It was out of this world!!

Thanks Cayla, for being cool about my odd hobby of photographing food. :) 
Here is a picture of the Quiche Lorraine that she ordered. 


So here is the picture of my steak frites. Yes, it was 11 am. No, I do not care. It was amazing, the fries were perfectly crispy and salty, the steak was a perfect medium rare. Go get you some.

After we finished lunch, we went walking around Caesar's Palace. In case you didn't know it's super hot in Vegas. Ergo, we just could not live without trying a frozen pink lemonade! See picture above.



Our final meal that I took pictures of was from another restaurant that Cayla recommended called StripSteak. It is inside Mandalay Bay so it was the perfect place to eat before the concert which was in Mandalay Bay. I didn't get too many pictures of this either because I was more focused on getting to the concert on time even though it was like a 3 minute walk. I know, I know that's where my inner teenager shines through. But I did at least get a few of the most important stuff! :)


I enjoy specialty mocktails so I ordered a virgin margarita. It was fab.


As a chef's tasting, they brought out a french fries sampler. I love french fries in case you couldn't tell from my previous meal. From left to right: Old Bay seasoned fries with a creole dipping sauce, Garlic and Herb fries with good old fashioned ketchup, and Duck Fat fries with a garlic aioli dipping sauce.
They were the best fries ever. I liked the garlic and herb with ketchup the best.


We ordered a wedge salad as an appetizer. Also fab!


My Aunt Bev ordered a Caesar Salad and said it was delish! And what a presentation!!


For my entree I ordered a Waygu Beef TarTare. Yes, I did know when I ordered it that it was raw meat. And yes, I throughly enjoyed it!!


Evan, however, didn't enjoy the tartare as much as I did. Kids these days. ;) 


My mom ordered the Waygu filet for an entree. Let me tell you, it is every bit worth the money! You can literally cut it with a fork. Divine!

I hope you enjoyed reading about my food ventures in Las Vegas. Like I said since One Direction was my main focus of the trip I didn't get too much food wise but I hope you enjoyed what I did capture. Be sure to stay tuned for more of the fun stuff and other details to come (including vlogs!) later on! 

Here is a sneak peak of what's to come! 


Love you all!! <3

-Savannah 

2 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds divine! And the Bellagio.........I am swooning. And then the food you pictured.........now I am really swooning. I would have ordered that Asian salad too, just as your mom and aunt did. It is my favorite. And the bread, the onion soup, all of it! Your pictures are superb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You always leave the sweetest comments. It really makes my day. :)

      Delete