Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Joe's Homemade Cafe & Bakery


A couple of weeks ago my parents and I ate at this cute local restaurant called Joe's Homemade CafĂ© and Bakery. It quickly became probably my favorite local restaurant. As the name says everything is homemade and gourmet at very reasonable prices. They do catering and delivery also. Be sure to check out the website for more details http://www.joeshomemade.com. The customer service there is impeccable and the food is superb! Chef Ted aka "Joe" and frontman, Don, were both so nice and took the time to explain the menu in detail and talk with us. If you are in or around the Savannah area I highly suggest you check them out! 


They primarily do catering so the restaurant itself is pretty small with only 3 tables, but it is really cute! They have all of their desserts out in display cases so you can decide which one you want to order while you are eating, because you will order one. 


Before the meal we tried some of their gluten free chips seasoned with so many wonderful spices. They were delicious and spicy but not hot. There is a difference.


The first example of how the desserts will lure you in. This is a chocolate cake with layers of whipped cream in the middle. This in particular caught my dad's attention because his mother made him this exact cake every year for his birthday. Since she passed away in 2001 this is the only place he has seen a cake like this and he said it tasted just like hers. Let me tell you, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!! 
Just get some, okay? :)


Since we ate there before Easter they had these cute cupcakes with an Easter egg sugar cookie on top. I love cupcakes and these are some of the best I've had in a while.


I ordered a Greek salad. I am almost always in the mood for a good Greek salad and this was absolutely one of the best I've had. They make their own salad dressings and it really makes such a difference. And having all fresh topping makes a huge difference too. Fantastic!


Both of my parents ordered the Cobb salad. They both raved over it!


Finally these were the desserts we brought home. Along with a slice of the chocolate cake and a cupcake we also got a slice of carrot cake. They were all to die for!


I even got my picture made with the chef! :)

We also got some tomato basil soup and focaccia bread to go and I can't say enough good things about them! Tomato basil soup is one of my favorites and this once again was one of the best I've had. And how can you beat fresh homemade bread? I feel like I was very repetitive but everything really was amazing! They also offer cooking classes. My mom and I are attending one on the 18th so I'll let you know how that goes. And they offer a plan where they deliver you 350 calorie lunches 5 days a week for only $22.50. How great is that? I don't know of any other restaurants where you can eat a quality meal or have one delivered for under $30. I hope you check them out because it really is fabulous! Let me know in a comment some of your favorite healthy lunches.

-Savannah

1 comment:

  1. Savannah, Thanks for the heads-up on this. I plan to stop in there soon. Enjoy your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete