Wednesday, November 14, 2012

French Press

Okay, okay. I know, I fail as a blogger. I'm sorry. But I'm here now so be happy! Today I bring to you how to use a french press. This is perfect if you don't want to make a whole pot of coffee or you need coffee fast. You can get a french press at kitchen supply stores such as Williams Sonoma, Macy's or online at this link. They come in fun colors and different sizes. Here is my purple one. :)


Start out by putting in 3 tablespoons of ground coffee.
My rule of thumb is just add the coffee up to the top of the color.
Add 1 1/3 cups of boiling water.

Keep the lever up and let it brew for 4-6 minutes depending on how strong you want it.

You can see the grounds floating at the top!

When the time is up push down on the lever  so the  coffee grounds go under the mesh strainer.
Add to some frothy milk and viola!

Have you tried a french press before? Are you thinking about getting one? Let me know in the comments below! Hope you learned something and don't hate me for being slack. :) Until next time!

Happy Cooking,
-Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment