Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cafe 37

**UPDATE** Cafe 37 is now closed.

So, it has been a long week. I will explain later but for right now I want to tell you about my new favorite restaurant. Cafe 37, a restaurant,"Combining European influences with the taste of Southern charm." The chef, Blake Elsinghorst, is from Savannah but, went to culinary school at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. Just in case you were wondering the food is definitely of Parisian standards. My parents and I ate dinner there Friday but the first time I went to Cafe 37 was for lunch with Shazi. Lunch was fabulous but dinner was superb. Now I am going to taunt you with pictures of the most amazing dinner that you didn't get to eat. :)
The menu

Our compound butter in the cutest little serving dish.

The house made sourdough bread and French
smoked olives with herb de provence. Best
olives ever. I have eaten SO many olives and 
these were definitely the best. Even my mom who
doesn't like olives LOVED these!

My appetizer.
Salade au Roquefort.
Roasted D'Anjou pear stuffed with roquefort bleu
cheese on top of mixed greens, candied walnuts
and a buttermilk vinaigrette.
Love, love, love this salad!

My dad's entree.
Pan roasted sea scallops on top of house made pasta.
I don't remember all of the details of what was in the
pasta but I think there were mushrooms and it was
served in a cream sauce. I think.

This was my entree.
A braised lamb shank over roasted asparagus,
whipped potatoes, and a smoked cherry demi glace.
One of my favorite entrees ever.
Both of my parents always claimed that the hated
lamb but this turned them both into believers. 

Succulent. 

My mom's entree.
A pan roasted wolffish over an onion souffle and a
pimento sauce with feta cheese and basil.

Cappuccino.

Cream for the coffee. I'm a sucker for attractive
serving vessels.

Our dessert.
A molten chocolate cake with fresh whipped cream,
caramel sauce, and a raspberry powder. I want to
know how that powder came to be because it tasted
just like a fresh raspberry. Not artificial at all.
My guess is freezing the raspberries with liquid
nitrogen then crushing them into a powder. I could be
wrong but that is my best guess. 

The molten center. Edible chocolate velvet.
Yes.

We fought and the caked lost. 

I was so excited to find out that they sell macarons.
I have longed for them since my NYC trip and now we
are reunited. The flavors they sell are caramel,
raspberry, chocolate, lemon, pistachio, and lavender.
YUM!
If you get a chance you should go to Cafe 37 for lunch or dinner. It is one of my favorites and I will definitely be returning. Until next time.

Ciao for now!
-Savannah



No comments:

Post a Comment